BC Partners Credit ("BCP Credit") seeks to provide a flexible investment platform with the ability to opportunistically allocate capital and to fill the white space that has become available as other capital sources retrench. We seek to invest across liquid and illiquid strategies.
BCP Credit is synergistic and complementary to the private equity business. We leverage deal flow and sector knowledge to invest across the capital structure creating attractive new investment opportunities. We aim to generate alpha throughout the credit cycle, supported by the resources and expertise available from integration with BC Partners’ private equity platform. We invest primarily in developed markets with a focus on North America and Europe, using a wide range of investment structures and techniques on a primary or secondary basis.
The Credit Team has a robust and rigorous investment process in order to achieve consistent and repeatable results. We conduct active and ongoing monitoring through formal portfolio reviews and frequent assessments of both risk-reward and covenant package compliance. We maintain an active dialogue with portfolio company management and/or industry participants, and will engage with portfolio company management on value-add initiatives, with the support of BC Partners.
BC Partners Credit provides bespoke financing solutions to sponsor and non-sponsor owned middle market companies primarily in North America and Europe, while leveraging BC Partners’ global resources and capabilities.
Generate attractive risk-adjusted returns through economic cycles. Strategy centers around three key themes:
- Private Lending & Structured Equity: Capital Solutions - privately negotiated debt, structured/minority equity
- Specialty Lending: Asset-Backed financing - aircraft leasing, GP/NAV financing, A/R financings
- Dislocated Liquid Credit: Short Duration and Tactical-Investing - non-par syndicated credit, restructurings, bridge finance
Generate stable and attractive risk-adjusted yields through directly originated secured loans with a focus on capital preservation.
- Core: Traditional asset-based and cash flow lending to sponsor-backed companies
- Core Plus: Asset-based and cash flow lending, as well as structured solutions to non-sponsor businesses
Provide strategic capital and various financial solutions to participants throughout the insurance value chain.