Springer Nature (IX)www.springernature.com
BCEC IX acquired Springer Science and Business Media (Springer) in August 2013. Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical information service provider. In May 2015, Springer merged with Holzbrinck Publishing Group Science and Education (“HPG”) to form Springer Nature.
Springer Nature has three business lines:
- Publication of academic subscription and Open Access journals, databases, books and monographs in STM disciplines.
- No. 1 in top 50 journals by impact factor.
- No. 1 in English language journals and English language academic books.
- No. 1 Open Access player globally (alternative payment model demanding fees from the author instead of subscription payments).
- Provides high‐quality special interest information and services for several professional markets in Europe.
- Provides students, teachers and institutions with high quality educational content in developing regions of the world.
Spring Nature published it's most recent ESG report which can be found here. We’re proud of the work Springer Nature has done in this area, and it serves as an example of the strength of ESG within the BC portfolio.